Director at Sparklecloud
Prior to setting up Sparklecloud in 2013 I spent 11 years in the voluntary sector. During that time I worked as a volunteer, an administrator, a fundraiser, a trustee and, from 2007 to 2013, as the CEO of the charity Friendship Works.
Like a lot of small charities, Friendship Works had a mixed experience of managing systems and data. We struggled along using spreadsheets and sub-standard databases and found it hard to analyse and report on our activity in the way we wanted to. Installing Salesforce in 2008 changed all of that. We built systems in Salesforce to manage everything from our fundraising to our child protection; from our comms to our mentoring scheme. Salesforce had a profound effect on the way we worked and the effectiveness of our operations.
Since 2013 I have been helping voluntary sector organisations understand how Salesforce can benefit them and navigate their way through planning and developing their systems. My background in the sector means that I speak your language and can understand the problems you face and how Salesforce my be able to help.
Values & approach
- I'm committed to working in the best best interests of your charity
- I want to make a positive difference in the world - and
I think good systems help good charities to become even better
- I work in an open, approachable and positive way
- I try my best to make databases more fun than you might otherwise think....although if you start enjoying them too much I can also refer you for appropriate therapeutic support
I charge £900 for a day (8 hours) working onsite with you or £100/ hour working remotely. Reasonable expenses (including travel) are included within my rates. I am not VAT registered so there is no VAT to pay on top.
- I worked in the charity sector for 12 years and was the CEO of the charity Friendship Works from 2007 to 2013
- I'm Saleforce certified to Advanced System Administrator level
- I've been working with Salesforce since 2008, originally as a customer and then as a consultant since 2013
- I've supported a large number of voluntary sector organisations including Catch22, Think Ahead, The Funding Network, Unlocked Graduates, The Difference, Afrikids, CALM and Medical Aid Films.